Thursday 29 November 2007

My African Ambassadors Interactive Forum (AAIF) Fashion Show diary...

Yesterday I went to direct a fashion show for the African Ambassadors Interactive Forum (AAIF) with this year celebrating its 4th year. You can find out more about them and what they do by visiting www.ingo.org.uk

I was up at 6am and took time out to go through my dozens of emails and reply to as many as possible as I knew I would be out for the whole day and not have any internet access. I surprised myself actually by the amount of work I got done between 6am and 8am. By 8.30am I started getting ready and quickly sorted out the last bits and bobs.

I made my way to Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall (Where the event was being held) at 1pm. The attendees were extremely important professional individuals from all over Africa with guests representatives from Ghana High Commission, GTI Capital, Compass Investment, The Money Show, Icon Stockbrokers Ltd, OBE Television, Nigeria High Commission and so much more.

When I arrived I briefed all the models on the schedule and went through the overall day. Soon after one of our fantastic designers, Grace Shannan) arrived with her beautiful traditional pieces which I knew would be well received by the audience.

Above pic: Designer Grace Shannan fitting model:

Our remaining designer Skye Chirape, later turned up with her fantastic funky collection which too caused a bit of a stir in the dressing rooms.

Above pic: Me (left) and designer Skye Chirape

Overall the team consisted of a great bunch of characters and everyone worked exceptionally well together and instantly bonded which allowed a smooth running of the show.

Above pic: Model Esther strikes a pose

The crowd absolutely loved the show with people from the audience immediately running backstage to request for the designers contact details.

Above pic: The make-up Artists, Nadine Leighton (left) and Amita Rallin.

Our two make-up artists Amita Rallin and Nadine Leighton done a fantastic job! The fabulous hair do’s were done by our talented hair stylist Shikena. I would also like to say a big thank you to Dr Anna Vanderpuye, Executive director of INGO, for the opportunity to host the fashion show at her spectacular event.

Above pic From left: Designer Sky Chirape, Me, Dr Anna Vanderpuye (Executive director of INGO), Yvonne Ossei (Director of Fresh Eventz)


I am now looking forward to watching the show on TV once everything has been edited. I will also be posting up some show pics once I get them J Will keep you guys posted!!!

Xx

More miscellaneous pics from the night!!!!!










Links:

www.lagenevenorth.co.uk

www.fresheventz.com

www.graceshannan.com

www.nadineleighton.co.uk

www.fingerprintmodels.com

www.skyetshookidesigns.com

www.ingo.org.uk

No comments: