Wednesday 5 November 2008

Beyond Race...Beyond Expectation: Barack Obama

I have not slept for the past 24hrs and my phone did not stop ringing nor did i stop receiving text messages why? ... Because I wanted to witness Barack Obama become the first Black president of the USA. I have been so excited you'd think i lived there- lol I received all sorts of messages as we eargely awaited to hear the winning results. One cheeky message i received read " 2nite all women are shaving their coochie in support of OBAMA...No more BUSH!" - (lol) Well i won't tell you about the other extremely cheeky messages :)

If you asked me 2 years ago if i knew who OBAMA was and that he would be the 1st Black President I would have firstly not known who Obama was and riduculed the idea completely!! Earlier this year if you asked me the same question, I would have answered yes to knowing who Obama was but would have said "I don't think he'll win but it's a step forward"!! Even up untill the day before I still had my doubts as to whether Obama would really win but as they say in life "Anthing is possible!".

I had my Ovaltine hot choclate to keep me warm as i stayed up pleasantly shocked that Obama won!!!

I wish him all the best and know he'll do a good job with the support of the people as the task that lies ahead is absolutely no JOKE!!!

"YES WE CAN"

xxx

Want Michelle's dress? Designed by American designer Narciso Rodriguez. I thinks it's one of those you either love it or you hate it types.




No comments: