Monday 26 January 2009

Yesterdays Creative Well Being event...

So yesterday I exhibited my Art works and Greeting card range at the Creative Well Being (CWB) event at Sway in Holborn. The event offered free business, health, beauty, a fashion tips and seminars. The event was put together by The Last Millionaire winner Nathaniel Peat, Chanel Edward and Angela Jules.

In attendance was celebrity presenter Richard Blackwood, Derek Redmond ( One of Britain’s greatest ever 400m athletes), Kubi Springer and host Isaak Badru.

I had a fantastic response towards my cards with people amazed with the ideas and range of designs. My cards also generated interest from boutique owners and press so am very excited about that!!!

My bestsellers were the Ankara Card and Fro sister card.

Below pic: The Ankara Card- The headgear is made from traditional African Fabric.

Below pic: Fro Sister card


My good friend designer Georgette Willaims (Georgie W Couture) was at the event exhibiting and showcasing her collection in the fashion show. I also bumped into a model I worked with last year on the La Dolce Vita catwalk event I was directing. She was so sweet as always!!!

Above pic: Moi (in blue dress) with designer Lilly J (Grey dress) and models at my stand :)

Designer Lilly J was also showcasing her amazing designs. Her shop is based at 144 Queensway, London W2 6LY.

I met loads of other amazing creatively talented people.

I came across the Vanessa Blake cosmetic line for the first time and the lady herself. As a woman of colour I know how hard it is to find great products for our skin types here in the UK so when you come across amazing quality brands like Vanessa Blake ( www.vanessablake.co.uk ) you do truly have to be thankful!! I was in awe honestly. I tried the products for myself and they are fantastic!!!

Below pic: Vanessa Blake make-up artist with the lady herself Vanessa Blake( b/w dress)


Overall the event was a great opportunity to meet like-minded professionals and showcase your products to the public and press so a big thank you and congrats to CWB.

Xxx

Links:

www.lovegenevieve.co.uk

www.4seasonsshop.co.uk

www.vanessablake.co.uk

www.georgiewcouture.com

No comments: