Wednesday 26 March 2008

Aces and Volume Magazine Party

Today was a long yet exciting day as I commenced my day at Brunel University doing talks on fashion and business (on behalf of Aces) to a classroom of young ambitious youths who most definitely pleasantly surprised me. Working as my other team member was the wonderful director of the well renowned G Force Productions who showed an amazing clip of his event last year. I recall going to my first G-Force event in West London whilst I was at University studying journalism and freelancing as a writer to interview American Artists and British dance group Flawless. I will never forget how amazed and exciting this event was, I was so amazed I just wanted to watch the whole show.

I will post up the pics from the workshops when I get them :)

The Evening

On my way back from Brunel University I stopped off by one of my favourite, favourite stores in the world…yes Borders on Oxford Circus. Being an art and magazine junkie means I feel the need to browse through every new art book or arty magazine. I am working on a new art collection so it is always also an inspiring experience.

Later I headed off to Holborn for the Volume magazine launch party. As tired as I was the eclectic crowd kept me awake. There was an amazing band playing but I did not catch their name as I was too busy adoring everyone’s fashions.

I bumped into designer Kali Arulpragasm, designer and director of Superfertile jewellery collection. I must say her unique pieces of supersized jewellery were so striking it instantly caught my eye. You can also check out her edgy designs in the new edition of Volume magazine and on her website (
http://www.superfertile.com/ )

Pics:

Above Pic: Supertile Necklace
Below Pic: The designer wearing one of her jewellery creations
Above pic: Daryl Rita and the amazing photographer Jessica Bonham, also featured in this month's Volume Magazine

No comments: