Tuesday 21 September 2010

The Leading Mauritian designer Lida O'Reilly's 2nd LFW showcase

Today was a crazy day. I must say I did not sleep much as I tend to lie in bed thinking too much about everything to do with a show I am working on the night before. Today I worked on leading Mauritian designer Lida O'Reilly's London Fashion Week show so was up from super early to organise myself.

Although I have been working on this show for a while, it's just crazy how you always seem to get slightly nervous and anal about everything even a day before the show. I guess that's one of the crazy things about working in the fashion industry. Also I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work so just like to double check for the millionth time that everything has been covered lol.

I got to the the Venue at 1pm and got straight into double checking the floor plan and sorting out the finalised guest seating arrangements and all those small things you can easily forget about. Bollywood actress and singer Sofia Hayat was also on site and really got into the organising side of things also and assiting the production guy. She too is a perfectionist and was performing throughout the show so really wanted to go through everything in detail. I was so inspired and admired her energy and passion.

Time really flew by and by the time you knew it guests started to arrived by 7pm and i was still not should i say ' show-dressed'. I quickly nipped to the backstage area and changed into one of Lida's amazing elegant and extravagant pieces. I felt like a million dollars in this beautiful dress which was not short of compliments!

The show went smoothly and a nice mix of celebrity guests showed up who included Celebrity presenter Julian Bennett, Louis Mariette (of BNTM), Award winning Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji, Ian Carmichael (Hairdresser to the Queen), Celebrity designer Lewis-duncan Weedon, British Actress Rebecca Grant of Holby City, Visit Mauritius, OK Magazine and many more.

Overall everyone loved the collection and the show which I was so pleased about and so happy for Lida as she really does work hard to create such show stopping pieces and is such a genuinuly lovely person.

You can view some of the show video highlights below:

http://vimeo.com/15935168

x

Find out more about Lida O'Reilly by visiting www.lidaoreilly.mu

For more on Sofia Hayat visit: www.sofiahayat.com

W: www.lagenevenorthevents.co.uk

No comments: