Tuesday 31 May 2011

Afro Hair & Beauty Show Highlights

The past few days have been completely manic for me as I was working at the Afro Hair & Beauty Live event! I was overseeing the ‘Zed Eye presents fashion show and Pop-Up boutique', which featured a range of collection pieces from emerging and established designers.

Below: Moi Posing at the Pop-Up Boutique wearing a handbag from one of the participating designers, Monsura Bags! Oh I love the way they match my shoes :) What do you think?

The first set of fashion shows took place on Sunday at 12.45. Emerging designers who showcased their collections on the Catwalk included Lanyero, Adopted Culture, Monsura Boutique, Yaa Ataa Bags, Honey Malalou and Yummi Kouture.

Next up at 2.45pm was the established designer showcase which was opened by Zed Eye and featured other more established designers who included Ayakai Couture, Afro-Chique, Oheme Ohene and Tina Lobondi.The shows would off course not have been possible without our amazing sponsors who included Sensational Hair and the Award Winning Josh Hair & Beauty Team, Stacey Okafor from Mac Cosmetics and her team.

Below pic: Sade from Josh Hair and Beauty doing final touch-ups before models go on stage


Below pic: Musician/photographer Bunmi Thomas strikes a pose


The Pop-Up Boutique:
There were a range of fantastic brands selling at the Zed Eye Presents Pop-Up Boutique which included Bianou, Dionne Gooding Shoes and Dres Designs.
All the designers who also showcased on the Catwalk had their collection pieces available to purchase at the Boutique.

Below pics: Random pics from the Pop-Up Boutique




I also got to meet the fabulous lady behind the Doris Michaels beauty brand which I am most defiantly a fan off and swear by! Her concealer and foundation stick does wonders on my skin and keeps it glowing throughout the whole day. I am a beauty freak so trust me I have shopped around for suitable matches for my skin tone and had to leave Mac for Doris Michaels. I do still love Mac eye shadows but as for the perfect foundation and concealer I have to give it to Doris. Check them out at www.dorismichaelscosmetics.com


Other random pics

Above: This model's hair with the aid of extensions has been created into the Olympics symbol!! Soooo creative!
Shoes to die for!
Above: Patrick McCarthy (Oh Yes Magazine Publisher) with the talented Award Winning Angela Plummer!
I’m still shattered from the madness, two days of hardly any sleep and not much food but overall had a great time and Amazing team!

No comments: